Open Position - Network Security Consultant
Canaudit Inc. is looking for a competent, creative, motivated security professional located in the Dallas, TX area. Initially the candidate will act as an acting team member, conducting penetration tests and vulnerability assessments and independent research. Team members that perform well will have the opportunity to graduate to team leaders and organizational management roles.
- Perform a variety of remote audit tasks relating to: modem, internet and web application security assessments.
- Perform a variety of on-site audit tasks relating to: network device, Windows, Exchange, UNIX/Linux, database, VOIP, mobile device, physical and social engineering assessments. Note we are specifically seeking someone that will be immediately capable of performing Windows or UNIX/Linux assessments. Skills in other environments are desired but can be developed later if necessary.
- Document audit findings in clear, concise professional audit reports, conference calls and on-site presentations.
- Research and develop the tools, techniques and methodologies necessary to create and maintain quality audit and training services.
- Work with existing and potential clients to develop audit work plans, conduct audits safely and sanely and effectively mitigate audit findings.
- Host or assist in courses aimed at training auditors and security professionals in how to effectively conduct IT security assessments.
- 5+ years experience in an administrative, security or audit role that provided significant exposure to networking, security and risk assessment and management concepts and practices.
- One or more applicable certifications (CISSP, CEH, Security+, CISA, MCITP, MCSA, CCNA, LCPI, Linux+).
- Bachelors degree is desirable by may not be necessary depending on certifications.
- Experience with a variety of common network security tools including: Nmap, Nessus, Metasploit and Backtrack.
- General knowledge of: networking, Windows, UNIX/Linux and web technologies.
- Working knowledge of one or more common programming languages (ASP, PHP, C++, Java, etc)
- The ability to convey technical concepts in a simple and concise manner to audiences with a variety of technical proficiencies.
- A high level of proficiency in Microsoft operating systems and office suites including: Windows desktop and server operating systems, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Must be able travel up to 50%
Canaudit is a network security audit, consulting and training firm headquartered in southern California. Since 1985 Canaudit has specialized in providing quality services to a national client base that crosses the: banking, healthcare, education, insurance, government and utility industries. Canaudit strives to offer its employees competitive salaries and benefits including healthcare insurance, vacation time, bonuses and opportunities to work remotely. Canaudit is currently seeking to grow its reputation and service offerings by promoting its reputation by attending industry conferences, hosting IT security seminars and consistently focusing on elevating the quality and competitiveness of its services.
- Type: Full-time
- Industry: Computer and Network Security
- Compensation: 80,000 – 120,000
- Experience: Mid-Senior level
- Functions: Information Technology
- Industries: Computer & Network Security
How to Apply
Send a resume or any questions to: email@example.com